7 Random Facts About Me!
This is a tag from Stella's mom, Julie!
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1) I have nightmares. Rarely ever just plain old dreams, just nightmares. Haunted houses, serial killers entering my bedroom, spiders, lots of spiders. I tend to wake up yelling and grabbing for David, who has gotten used to it.
2) I took my brother to my senior prom. Didn't have a date - no one asked me : ( I am actually not bitter. It was a boring prom, really. In our school cafeteria and all the DJ played was suck-ass country music. I wished for a life anywhere but in Florence, Texas that night.
3) I have always wanted to be 4 inches taller. I am 5 feet even and as a little girl, I was told that to be in the Miss America Pageant you had to be at least 5 foot 4 inches. I actually don't know if that is true or not, but it stuck with me and I have always felt that physical beauty meant being at least 4 inches taller than I am. I am about over it now, at 30. But anyway...
4) I once won $625 on a pull of a slot machine in Vegas. Lights and sirens went off, a man in a tux came over and handed me the money. It was the most exhilarating moment ever. I stopped gambling for the night, and bought a $30 shot of tequila at the bar and listened to the band they had playing for the rest of the night.
5) In second grade I found a classmate, Lindsay's math homework on the floor, erased her name and turned it in as my own. I did this for two reasons. One - I hated math even then and knew her work was much more likely to be correct than mine. And two - the teachers had just handed out parts to the spring musical, Song of the South- without auditions as usual -and even though I wanted desperately to have a real part, they said I was too little and quiet and had to stand on the risers in the back and sing Zippidy do dah with the chorus. And who got the lead part - without auditioning? You guessed it - Lindsay. I remember that I felt bad when she couldn't find her homework and started crying, but it was too late, I had already done it and it didn't occur to me that I could confess. The teacher gave her credit anyway cause, well, it was Lindsay.
6) My favorite all time movie is Goonies. Growing up I always wanted adventure. Treasure hunting, swashbuckling adventure. I used to bury things and draw maps to them. We had 7 acres of land so this game got rather extensive and I am sure there is costume jewelry still buried somewhere out at my Mom's house.
7) I don't care for chocolate ice cream. I am reminded lately how kids adore chocolate ice cream and think vanilla is just lame. I never understood this as a kid. I much prefer vanilla with a little chocolate sauce or strawberries or something added. Chocolate is too sweet and overpowering. Vanilla ice cream for me - especially Amy's Mexican Vanilla. Mmmmmmmm.
So I tag: Andrea', Joni, Ronni, Cici, Elaine, Lynn, and Kris