Monday, January 14, 2008

Rape and Haircuts

Yesterday the very nice ladies at the new Round Rock JC Penny's were more than happy to cut the reluctant boy's hairs. We wheeled him into the salon in a shopping cart and they told us to just leave him in that. Three ladies helped talk him into the haircut and distracted him with a spray bottle of water. They were so nice and he got a really good haircut in just a few minutes. And unlike the crazy kids haircut place they didn't charge us $26. It was $12. Score one for Penny's!

I know I have been writing a lot of what I think are cute Jackson anecdotes, but I can't seem to stop. He just does something funny every day. Last night he randomly pulled a Kleenex from the box and came over to wipe my face. He said "Mommy has a booger." and proceeded to wipe my chin. Pretty sure I didn't have a booger on my chin, but I appreciate his concern for my appearance.

Tonight I had the CD player on random and the player chose a song from the Broadway soundtrack of The Fantasticks. "It Depends on What you Pay" was the song. Do you know it? It's the one with that uses the word rape like a hundred times. Rape as in abduction, not forced intercourse. Very catchy song actually and cute when you realize what it is about. But my son, who is just now starting to 'sing' along with songs latched onto the word and we almost choked on our dinner as he sang 'raaappeee' along with the song. Sigh. I just had a conversation with Elaine about not playing inappropriate music in front of the boy. Must I censor Broadway now? Or just let him horrify people in public with his singing? (To hear the song click here and scroll down to listen to song #6.)

After dinner I had another go at one of the Pilate's videos I have been doing. And it seems to be getting a lot easier. I can tell I am getting a lot stronger already. Wish I was seeing more evidence of it, but it is really, really good to feel a little bit strong again. I think I need to kick up the aerobics to work on stamina. Geez, I have never been much of an exerciser. Didn't think surviving cancer and chemo would turn me into one. But don't expect to see me at the gym any time soon. I am waaay too cheap to pay those monthly fees. And too lazy to drive somewhere to work out. This will have to do for now.

No comments: