Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good Times

Jackson and I had a really good time this past few days with my sister and her boys. It was amazing how little I had to do for Jackson while he had his cousins to play with. He must be so bored at home with only me to interact with. Must be boredom behind his constant needs. I will say that he does play alone remarkably well for a year old, but with the boys to play with he only came to check in with me once an hour or so. And then only for a minute to find out what I was doing. He was so busy.

On Monday we went to a big mall about a half hour from my sister's house. It boasts a big carousel in the food court and an indoor foam playground encircled by couches. Jackson was excited to ride the carousel, but didn't want to get on one of the horses that moved up and down. He just wanted to sit on one of the benches that didn't move at all. We went around and around on the carousel and I got a little dizzy, but Jackson had such a good time. He didn't want to get off when it stopped.

Then we let the boys play in the play area. There were tons of kids there and I had a hard time keeping all three boys in sight. The boys were so tuckered out by the time we left that all three fell asleep on the ride home. I got a great picture of them on my phone, but need to figure out how to get it off of there before I can post it.

On the drive home today I got a call from Carson with Team in Training. They were really happy with my talk at their meeting Saturday and want me to speak at their big pasta party the night before the Austin Marathon on Feb 16th. I can't remember which hotel it will be at, but all the runners with Team In Training from all over the country will be there. Should be a decent sized crowd. I am really flattered that they want be to be there. Course the spectacle of a Chemo Queen is truly something to behold, so maybe I am not all that surprised. What I would really love to happen is that San Diego sends a team and their delegation is so impressed by me that they invite me to attend their events at the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego in June. That would be fun, yes?

No comments: