Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday

Just got home from taking Jackson to Harker Heights to spend chemo days with David's folks. He has been a good boy this weekend, despite a wicked case of diaper rash. I hesitate to call it rash, it is more like a burn. Every once in a while he has what we have dubbed 'Acid Poop' and it burns the hell out of his skin. He woke up several times last night crying and we didn't figure out until this morning that it was his hiene. Normally when he poops, everyone knows it, but acid poop tends to not be stinky, so we didn't catch it in time. Every diaper change today was rough on him. He would cry for us to be careful and say 'almost done, almost done' while we we putting cream on him. I felt so bad for him. But his Omi is going to let him run around outside sans diaper tomorrow. She has so much space for him to play and he spends most of his time there outside anyway. He should be better in a day or so.

I have been thinking for the last week or so that I need to do something special for my last round of chemo on Tuesday. I have been thinking that I should dress in something fun and I decided on the way home tonight that I want to wear a gown and tiara and a sash that says something like "Miss Chemo 2007."

I called former beauty queen Andrea' to find out what I need to make a sash and she will help me make it tomorrow evening. I tried on a few old gowns I have stashed in my closet, but they aren't right. Either too tight and I felt like a sausage or too high-necked for the nurse to be able to reach my port. I need something fancy in a silly sort of way, that has a low neck and is comfortable enough to be able to sit through chemo in it. I also gain a couple of pounds of fluid in those few hours, so the sausage dress is right out. I called Mary Ellen at her poker game and she is going to help me find a gown in the Palace costume stock tomorrow. She says she has tons of gowns and we should be able to find something. So "Miss Chemo 2007" looks like a go. Hopefully I can pull it off without looking like an idiot. I just want to commemorate the occasion with a fancy dress and tiara, is that so wrong?

4 comments:

Ronni said...

Pictures. We must have pictures.

I suppose you go in too early to make a stop by Ramona's...too bad we are not open on Mondays.

Julie said...

Wrong? No, it is fantastic! And so Diva of you, I love it!

Julie H. said...

I think it's a fabulous idea as well! You'll MORE than pull it off, I am certain.

As for the acid poop, does Jackson ever eat spinach? My mother claims it can "chafe" on its way out....

Anonymous said...

yeah i have the same problem acid poop sucks