Friday, September 21, 2007

My eye doctor visit went better than I expected. Seems all my blurriness is still a symptom of severe dryness, which the chemo is exacerbating. Plus I have a ton of allergy blisters under my eyelids, which explains the itching. The machine that reads your eyes and spits out your prescription says that I do not have residual prescription from the lasik. Dr. Miller says the numbers look the best they have so far. So that is good news. The lasik was successful in removing 100% of my prescription. I just need to finish chemo and use my allergy drops and hopefully in a few months the dry eye will end and I will have great vision. I am quite legal to drive right now, my blurriness is only in sharpness while watching tv. Not too bad.

This afternoon, David, Jackson and I are heading out of town for the weekend. Going to Santa Anna to visit my Dad. David's folks and his Aunt and Cousin from Germany are going to meet us out there tomorrow. It should be a fun weekend. Nice to get outta town for a couple of days since I have chemo on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marsha,
You remind me of the Little Engine That Could. No matter what comes your way you just keep chugging along. Attitude may not be everything, but it's at least 80% of everything.

We've started building the Cats set. And as we sat down around Jackson's Cars table for lunch, we regaled the new guy with stories about Jackson. Nothing quite as exciting as sticking his fingers down his throat and bringing up lunch, but we had fun remembering.
I'm looking forward to sharing my soft drink again with the little guy soon.

I ran across a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt and thought of you. Here it is --- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really strop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Looking forward to seeing you and Jackson at the Palace soon.

Take care,

Bob the Builder