Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I had such a good day yesterday. Jackson and I went back to work for the first time in a few weeks. He fell right back into his routine. Helped me set up his bed and fan and napped happily for 3 hours while I worked. Yesterday was the first day of the 4th summer camp session, so there was a big ol stack of registration forms and payments from the hundred or so kids in this session. I had such a good time just sorting through the stack and taking care of it. A little data entry and filing work has never made me so happy. It was great to be back. After work I managed to cook dinner even. I don't remember the last time I did that. It was a good day and I went to bed exhausted.

Today, however, has not been so great. My body was really tired and sore last night and I started to feel my bones hurting. I got a shot of Neulasta last week that makes your bone marrow kick out as many red blood cells as it can to help fight lowered immune system from chemo. I was told that one side effect that a lot of people get is bone pain. They are working hard to keep up and that makes them sore. I am not sure how to describe it other than my bones throb and ache pretty bad. Especially my hips and thighs. I took a Darvocet and it helped a lot - let me sleep, but after only about 3 hours the pain was back. I took another Darvocet at 3 am which helped the pain, but made my empty stomach queasy. So I woke this morning sick to my stomach and really hurting in my bones.

David was able to work from home today and I have spent most of the day on Darvocet and Advil in my bed. I am disappointed that I couldn't go to work today. After such a good day yesterday, spending today in bed really stinks.

No comments: