Monday, July 10, 2006

Cooties at my house...

Well, I guess I should feel extremely lucky that Jackson is just about a year old and has waited this long to have his first real illness. He has been sick for almost five days now. Hes had a decent fever (103ish), lots of sluggishness, disinterest in food and drink and just plain misery. Weve been to the doctor 3 times and had to go to the hospital for blood work.

Let me tell you, you dont know anguish until you have to hold down your screaming baby while someone does something unpleasant to him. I cried as much as he did.

It has been a long few days. Little sleep and lots of worry. But his test results are all negative for bacterial infection, which means its a virus and we just have to wait it out. I think he is on the mend. I hope so anyway.

Cause in the midst of all of this, I am in serious rehearsals for Barefoot and I have no, I mean no energy left at the end of the day. Like right now. I need a hot bath and a margarita.

No comments: