Monday, March 09, 2009

Pulmonology and Mouth Sores

Poor Jackson has two mouth ulcers in his gums that are really bothering him. Thankfully (or not) we have the medicine cabinet of a chemo patient. Which means that I have probably six different medications/treatments for mouth sores. I have viscous lidocaine and mouth rinses and dental pastes and peroxide cleansers. But he doesn't want me to get in there, doesn't want to let me see. Which is understandable, since it hurts. But I got him to open up and let me put some of the dental paste directly on the sores at bedtime. But it tastes a little funny and kinda forms a little barrier that he could feel and it freaked him out and made him cry "I can't move my tongue, mommy." It was very sad. But after a sip of water and a good cry he calmed down and fell asleep.

When I talked to my oncologist last week about my breathing issues, he said I should see a pulmonologist and that there was one in the same building. I have been meaning to look into it since I can't fricken breath, but today I got a call from the pulmonology office. I guess Dr. George sent them some of my records and asked them to call me to make an appt. So I will go in next Tuesday to see about my breathing. I sure hope they can help me. I have been getting short of breath off and on for some time and my allergies really exacerbate things and I end up not being able to sleep because I can't breath. I wake up in the night and have to sit up because of it sometimes. But my CT/PET scan was clear of cancer. So that is not the problem. Hopefully they can come up with a way to get my lung(s) working better. I can't say I am looking forward to more test and doctors, but I guess if I want more air I have to stop pretending there isn't a problem and go get looked at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marsha I am worried about you. I didn;t know it was that bad , is there anything we can do?
I am glad you are going to the doc on Tuesday.....
let us know what is going on.
Love,
Susanne

Dayna said...

I hope you feel better and get more energy soon.