Monday, December 01, 2008

Phftht.....

My scar revision has been postponed because of...wait for it...a pimple. Yuppers. My complexion is nice and clear for the most part except for the odd here and there breakout. But my face chose to day to bust out with one of those big old under the skin cystic pimples that hurt like crazy. And it is sitting millimeters from the spot that needed cut on. And since we don't want to risk infection - especially since that is the problem that scarred my face in the first place, the doctor postponed my surgery for two weeks to allow the toxic pimple to eat shit and die.

Good thing I had cancer and went through chemo and lost any and all dignity through that process or I just might be a little humiliated to admit that a pimple sabotaged my plastic surgery. Of course it did. My pimples are always trying to find ways to insert themselves into my life story. It goes like this:

"Hmmm, here I am, a pimple, deep under Marsha's skin. How can I totally disrupt her life in a way more profound than any pimple has ever done? How can I become immortalized in blog? Maybe I will wait till after her final chemo and erupt into a serious infection that hospitalizes her twice and leaves a dimpled scar that must be fixed in a year. Ooohhh! Ooohhh! Ha Ha! And then when she goes in for a scar revision, my brother will erupt nearby causing her to reschedule! And then she will have to blog about it, thrusting my brother into blog stardom! Yeeeeesssss!"

So there you have it. Muthufuckin pimples. You effin win. Two more weeks. I get my scar excised in two more weeks. Thus allowing two weeks less healing time before Christmas so that my facial wound can once again take center stage in the holiday photos. Last year, band-aid. This year, angry red scar. Dammit.

2 comments:

Erin Geren said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry! That really bites.

Erin

Ronni said...

Frustrating, isn't it? Never mind--we love you anyway.