Thursday, September 18, 2008

Perks


Just got home from the final dress rehearsal of my husband's show. It opens tomorrow night and it is gonna be good. They have worked so hard and the talent of these 4 actors is incredible. Their voices are soaring and when they harmonize together, there is nothing better. I love you, you're perfect, now change is playing for 4 weekends at the Hideout in Austin. If you are in the area, go see it. I laughed and cried and really enjoyed the journey through the eternal struggle of men and women. And I am so proud of David for taking on the challenge and more than holding his own with the near-professional cast of this show. He is first-rate and has taken his place among them. Cheers!

I won't be at opening night though. Tomorrow at noon I head out to the Planet Cancer retreat where I will enjoy the company of other young adult cancer survivors in the setting of a wellness spa. I hope to enjoy the weekend of nice weather and relaxing setting. I am considering an expensive massage because I have never had one and because my neck is really stiff and needs some help. I have to pack in the morning, decide what to take and try not to take too much. I am a notorious over-packer. I like to have choices. Just in case. But I need to restrain myself and remember it is only a weekend. I will limit myself to two pairs of shoes. Maybe.

I have to limit my packing because I am picking up 3 other survivors at the airport and taking them to the retreat. And I drive a small Hyundai. How many bags will they have and will they all fit in my car? I don't know. So I can't fill the trunk with my crap or they for sure won't all fit. Heh, hopefully the new practice of airlines charging for checked baggage will mean they will all pack lightly and the four of us and all our crap will fit just fine.

Not sure if I will have blogging access over the weekend. But I will write when I get home, if not. So bye for now, I'll be off enjoying all those cancer perks with my peers.

No comments: