Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Songs coming from my bathroom.

I use a baby monitor when Jackson is in the bath so I can leave the room off and on and still hear what it going on in there. Lately this has led to my discovering his singing ability. Whenever I leave the room, he starts to sing. Mostly he sings me happy birthday. My birthday was a couple of weeks ago so it is fresh on his mind. His song goes:

"Happy Birthday to Mama, happy birthday to mama, happy birthday to mama...yaaaaayyyyy" with lots of clapping.

Tonight he added to his repertoire with a rousing rendition of Old Macdonald. Except he likes to change the lyrics and laugh. For example:

"Old Macdonald had a purple car, oh yee oh yee oh"

And for his third number he chose the ever popular Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. his version:

"Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you had for breakfast! What you had for BREAKFAST!" lots of squealing laughter.

That one I think came from Go Diego. I vaguely remember them singing and talking to a star this morning. I don't think he randomly made that one up.

Anyway, his singing is hilarious and I need to get it on video, but he won't perform for the camera.

No comments: