Friday, March 28, 2008

I love having energy!

I have been busy this week, working and taking care of Jackson and shopping and cleaning and cooking.

Today, I got in the mail some Mary Kay stuff I ordered, which included a roll-up/hanging bag that can hold pretty much all my makeup and stuff, at least all the stuff I use regularly. I actually have a lot of make-up that I rarely use but don't want to part with. I always think I might need it in a show. And sometimes I do. But since I got this new bag and have been acquiring new skin care and make-up stuff the last year or so, I figured I should really go through it all and get rid of things I don't use and can't imagine needing in a show. And any make-up I have had since high school had to go. I am sometimes a bit of a hoarder and have been systematically going through my house throwing things out for a month or two. I did my closet a few weeks ago and tonight I did my cabinets in the bathroom. I had stuff in there that expired seven years ago! Bottles of peroxide and 10 year-old hand lotion I have never liked but wouldn't chuck. Not anymore though, I just had a grand old time chucking crap and reorganizing things so I can actually use them. It is so nice to have the energy to take care of Jackson, work half-day at the Palace and come home to spend 4 1/2 hours working on my bathroom. Awesome.

Here is a quandary for you all. If your son is enjoying himself playing on the floor amidst all the crap you have pulled out of the cabinets and becomes fixated on a tampax and wants to carry one around like a toy, is it ok to let him? Is this going to permanently scar him because the 'toy' he chose to take to bed with him tonight was the fascinating individually-wrapped tampon? I hope not.

Oh, good news, the cancer center called to let me know that my PET scan showed no evidence of Lymphoma. So I am still all clear. I asked if they still want me to schedule a CT scan since they couldn't do it the same day. They are going to get back to me next week when Dr. George gets back in the office. So maybe I'll get a CT too, or maybe the insurance company wins and they decide not to do one. Is that their master plan, those sneaky bastards at Aetna? Maybe so.

One of the new Mary Kay products I got today was their microdermabrasion 2 step system. They say it has the same professional grade exfoliating crystals used by dermatologists. I don't know about that, but I do know that I tried it tonight and my face now feels like a baby's butt. The difference is amazing and I am sold on it already. I really should give in and sell the stuff as much schilling as I do for them on my blog. At least I know how to work the system so I don't pay full price for everything.

Tomorrow is the first dance rehearsal for Whorehouse. 10a-2p. Four hours. Of dancing. I sure hope my energy holds up and that I don't completely embarrass myself. I should probably go to bed now.

No comments: