Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I woke up this morning feeling...good. I think I feel good! My bones don't hurt. My sores don't hurt. I don't have indigestion or weird pains in my belly. Hmm. I really do think I feel pretty good. Does this mean I get a feel-good week after all? I am cautiously optimistic. I have to take my antibiotic in a few minutes and that may be the cause of my indigestion of the last few days, plus the bad taste. But maybe today will be a good day. I hope so.

Mom came and got me yesterday morning and took me and Jackson to her house for the day. I wasn't feeling well as usual, and she had housework to do so she decided to keep an eye on us out there. I felt pretty crappy most of the day. But Jackson had a good time playing outside in the pool and with the hose. He always has good outside time at Grammy's house.

Nurse Mom looked at all my little sores and proclaimed that I have a staph infection and that we have to treat them all like little wounds and be very careful not to spread the infection any more. She says everyone has staph on our bodies all the time, but we are generally able to keep it in check. But because my immune system is hosed, thanks to chemo, I could end up with staph infection everywhere. I hope this antibiotic takes care of it. But I worry it may turn into that really serious staph infection that has made its way out of the hospitals and into the general community. MRSA is no joke. So please hope with me that I can kick the staph and don't end up seriously ill or just disfigured by it. Wish I only had cancer to worry about and not all the illness, infections and possible damage done by the cure for cancer. Sigh.

But lest you think I am complaining too much and not being positive, never fear. I may be succumbing to the mundane crap involved in chemo, but I still plan to kick the ass of cancer. I am just getting kind of cranky about it. The novelty is gone and I am left with a little dread at the prospect of four more months of feeling ill, etc. I just want to cry, "I have been so brave, can't I get time off for good behavior like Paris and Nicole?" Alas, cancer does not care about good behavior. Or Paris and Nicole.

2 comments:

Julie H. said...

Definitely thinking of you and pulling for a rapid disappearance of those nasty staph sores!! --Julie

Unknown said...

"But lest you think I am complaining too much and not being positive, never fear. I may be succumbing to the mundane crap involved in chemo, but I still plan to kick the ass of cancer."

Marsha, your attitude through this whole thing has been downright inspiring. Kick its ass good.