Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I think I am crazy...

So tell me, sane people. Why would anyone think it was a good idea to stage a three-act play in 3 weeks? Why would any actor decide to take a role in such a show that has about 90 pages of lines? These are the questions I am asking myself right now. Wow.

I have just spent 3 1/2 hours blocking pages at warp speed. Pages of dialogue I was supposed to have memorized already - which I don't. The next three weeks are going to be pretty crazy. I have got to learn these lines. But it is so hard to learn lines without knowing your blocking and we are only just now blocking it! So here I am. With the lead role in a pretty brilliant script. In a show that opens two weeks from tomorrow. And I don't know my lines yet!!!

OMG!! I have a recurring nightmare with nearly this exact plot. Except I don't know my lines and the curtain is about to go up. And I know I have to go out there and I haven't the slightest idea what to say. And I am begging everyone to please, please just give me a script. We can do a staged reading, please, just let me have my script...

I don't think it will be like that. I will get this. I will stay up all night for the next week if I have to. There is no way I am going to blow this. I just gotta get past the memorization part. Sigh.

No comments: